Saturday, August 30, 2008

God knows what He's doing...

I find that an interesting comment. While at the end of the day, I will always say I agree with it, I'm not sure you should say that to me in regards to this latest trial. I don't know why. I somehow find it annoying and unsettling.

People also say it in regards to the "why" of my kids going to school this year. They're probably right. But, for now, (probably because of lack of sleep) all I can think of are the negatives. They are so cranky and tired and DO not get along. They also seem to think they deserve extra privileges on the weekend. Also, any contact I used to have with adults is pretty much gone. I find myself trying to go up to the school just so I can talk to an adult. But then, I do... and realize that none of them know me. So, they just stare at me and maybe try to make small talk.

Then, I try to somehow help my little girl who is trying her best to survive the academic onslaught. But who also wants to keep up the social pace that all of the other kids are seeming to keep. I have no idea how. There must be a secret that we do not know. I have had to say no to so many things and now I am officially the bad guy. Perfect. It fits. Nothing is seeming to go well right now. But...


God knows what He's doing...

3 comments:

Dalene said...

BIG adjustments and changes....
and school is only one of them.

I hope it gets better for everyone! Going to school full time is just a complete lifestyle change. I know you were planning on being up there a LOT more, but can't. You'll feel a part soon, and no one will give you the blank stares ;o).

Laura said...

I would probably state to myself God is in control but everything in my life seems out of control and out of my comfort zone. I have often thought to myself, I want my "old life" back when everything was "okay." While the kids going to school may give you more time to focus on Forest and his needs right now...your right you still have two other ones with huge needs and who are going through huge adjustments themselves. Nothing during this time is easy and it is all completely overwhelming because it can't all be "controlled," "fixed," or even "managed" for sustainable periods of time. I encourage you to continue to lay everything at the foot of the cross...every child, worry, and stress and don't let the evil one pile up seeds of doubt about the job you are doing juggling all of this. Keep the tears flowing when they need to to handle all of the stress. And please know you are always welcome here for adult companionship. I have really missed seeing you. I will continue to lift you all up in prayer. You are an amazing mommy to each of your kids. You have such wisdom and insight into their hearts. One of the many things I treasure about you in our friendship. Don't be disheartened...the storm IS big but God is there walking with you. I love you sister.

Marci said...

{{{{HUGS}}}}} This is a VERY tough time of transition for all of you. God does know what He is doing, unfortunately it is not so easy for us to figure out what it is sometimes. I'm still praying!

Love you!