Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life goes on...

You know, after a day like yesterday, one really needs to rest and reflect. As you might have guessed, that just can't happen. Not in mommy world. (: As you all know. So, today, we're back in full swing. This hermit mommy that wants to never leave the house HAD to go to the store and get some things for the pending "first day of school". Rachel and Forest and I went and we made it back with no crisis happenings. I was holding my breath the whole time trust me. Laundry has got to get done (and even some ironing). So I am working on those things. I guess that is good. If I had too much time to pause, fear might just eat me alive. As it is, I am praying through each 3 hour interval before I check blood sugars again and trusting him into God's care. There is no better place.

Thank all of you for lifting us up in prayer. You are amazing friends. Thank you for your encouraging words and even some scripture. (That was a perfect one Courtney) I haven't had a lot of time in the word lately. As you can imagine. It was so good to read that and be reminded of God's unwavering love and care for us. Even when it seems like He has taken off on me. He IS there. Thanks again for the meals. It's so good right now. If I had to make a meal I would probably just cry. Well... what would really happen is my sweet husband would do it. (:
Lots of love.....

OK... I spoke too soon... after I posted this calm peaceful post... life went crazy. Of course. (:
I was cutting Parker's hair in the bathroom (can't touch ears or collar.)...and Rachel comes in and says, "Mom, Forest is real stinky." OK no big deal, I'll change him and continue on. Right? Wrong. This was the messiest diaper ever known to man. Or at least this little man. It was ALL OVER his infusion site for the pump. Not good. So, I had to wrestle him onto his tummy, clean all of it off and remove the site and somehow keep it sterile. Then... yes, once again, I had to put in a whole new infusion site. They said I would only have to do that once every 72 hours. They lied. Babies in diapers and diabetic pump infusion sites do not go well together.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

It was a God thing. He IS still with you. Even though it feels like he isn't. I am glad that his word came fresh to you...

I left you a message tonight on your phone. I know you are busy. Please let me know if there is ANYthing else you need done. I can do grocery shopping, laundry, and although I don't do it much to my own house/clothes I can clean and iron too!

Let us serve you. We want to. We love you. Praying lots for you.

Sorry for the poopy!

Marci said...

Hang in there girl. . .God is sustaining you. He knows exactly how much you can bear- - -although I am sure you may be questioning that right now.

I want to diddo what Courtney said. I can help out in whatever you need help with. I have 2 mornings this week with NO kids (Tues & Wed) so if you want some help, call me.

Christy said...

Thanks so much ladies for your generous offers of service. I guess we just feel like we have GOT to integrate this into our daily lives. There is no choice... so the longer we wait to do that, the harder it might be. Trust me, if we are in desperate need of something I won't hesitate to call. You are all amazing!