Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Clarification

Oh dear oh me oh my... Who IS this person that has taken over my blog??? I don't know her and I really don't like her. She is far too emotional and negative to be me. I know that for sure. I do apologize. I really have tried to keep her off of the blog. (You might have noticed by the lack of posts.)But, obviously she has been sneaky and crawled over to the keyboard once or twice and let her fly.

(:

Anyway, when the real Christy comes back full time, I'll let you know. In the meantime I seem to be here temporarily. It truly is incredible what a lack of sleep... Well, not really a lack of sleep but COMPLETE AND UTTER SLEEP DEPRIVATION can do to a person. It is VERY VERY UGLY.

I happened to glance back over some of my posts when Forest was a wee baby and oh how I rambled about not getting much sleep. Oh you poor pathetic wimp of a person (I said to myself) you just THOUGHT you weren't getting enough sleep. moo ha ha ha.

Ohhhh, anyway, what am I rambling about? I wanted to just clarify about my last post. It really wouldn't matter at all if I were home schooling, or sending the kids to ACS or sending them to public school right now for that matter... I guarantee you I would be able to rant and rave about any of it. Such is the frame of mind you find yourself in when you get NO rest. Anything and everything can manage to completely irritate you. All the way down to a dripping faucet or a song on the radio. So, pardon my complaining about school. It really has nothing to do with it. It is just that I am not capable of handling even the smallest of stressers right now. I can see that I will be OK when I finally get some sleep. I know this because, I have gotten a few good nights in the last month and it always makes a world of difference. So, imagine if I actually got a few good nights IN A ROW... or maybe even a week? Woo Hoo would that be great!

I also wanted to share with you all what my fervent, intense constant prayer is right now. When an infant is diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, there is a small chance that it could be Neonatal Diabetes. This is a monogenetic form of diabetes that appears in infancy. It can be transient or permanent. The beauty of it is that they have managed to successfully treat this form of diabetes with a pill. Yes, you heard me correctly, A PILL. No shots, no pump. Yes, you still need to check your blood sugar occasionally and you HAVE to rely on the pill... but it is worlds and worlds better than where we are now. So, we should have the results back from the DNA test sometime near the end of the week. (They took the blood while we were in ICU but it takes a month to do this test.) I am praying, begging, pleading with God to let this be his diagnosis. I know one shouldn't bargain with the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth but I have promised to never be lazy again and spend all of my time as wisely as possible and NEVER, EVER complain... EVER!!!!!!!! If that matters. (: Honestly, I know I could never do enough to deserve His mercy in any way, but I am certainly praying for it. If you have a minute and remember, please join me in this prayer.

I love you all! Sweet dreams.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

oh wow. see...this opens up a heck of a lot of doors for prayer for you! I love having specific and I love that James tells us to pray and expect. Christy, this excites me. I pray this for you, for FOrest, for your family...wow...I mean, wow. Miracles, small ones, big ones...this is awesome. I love you. I don't care that you complain, I just like the call from the very wild! :) Keep writing...we are listening

Aubrey said...

that is awesome Christy...we will be praying for those test results to come back as such. give that little Forest a kiss for me.

Kipplyn said...

Full of HOPE with you! love you! PS. You have a "pass"

Dalene said...

We're praying with you...

Laura said...

I am definitely praying that the test comes back with the news we want to here. Love you!

ShonnaD said...

Praying for you and for the test results to come back with good news...