Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm going to be sick

Today, for the first time, I did a site change all by myself. I can tell you, I was visibly shaking. Getting all of the details right with no bubbles in the line, all the programming correct, and putting a needle in a squirmy little 8 month old bottom are just too much to bear. Then, to top it off, I made a couple of mistakes. I think I managed to correct them but in the mean time, I think I bruised his little bottom. Honestly, I feel sick. It has to get better. Please let it get better...

5 comments:

rachel white said...

it's going to get better. each time will get a little bit better. you'll get it down to a science.

take a deep breath...and remember that you are a GREAT mom, forest is a sweet boy, and you all will get through this!

Nise(Denise) said...

You are doing great! I am so proud of you for doing it all yourself...Forrest is resilient. I am praying for peace as you learn this new way of life.

Becky said...

I ditto what Rachel and Denise said. You are amazing, and it will get easier. I know God placed Forest in your family knowing that you could give him amazing care! You are so strong and so incredible! I know it probably doesn't feel like it sometimes, but you are. Praying for you.

Courtney said...

It will get better Christy it will. Every time you will feel a little more confident. You are doing great. Hang in there!

Laura J. said...

Pretty soon you will be a confident little pro just like Laura is now.