Monday, August 4, 2008

I could be sleeping

But, I can't. My sleep life is so messed up. The good news however, is I think we have found the right dose of insulin for night time. He has been in the 100's so far since about 5:30 this evening! That is huge. He is slowly climbing but that is much better than crashing. I will be able to correct in the morning. Now, if I could actually go to sleep that would just be life changing.

I have been reading other blog posts and realizing once again that as my life has been standing still in this trial, others lives have been going right along. Weird. I know that all of you have been praying for Forest and oh how I need you to be doing that. Thank you so much. He is such a precious little guy. He is doing much better, laughing and playing. Rolling around and grabbing every toy in sight and also starting to scooch a little on his belly. YIKES! This is such a crazy time to be adding this to his life. He is getting slowly more mobile, and just beginning to add little foods to his diet. Such a fun and exciting time and now...such a complicated time. I know that God will give us the strength as we need it. I have allowed myself to worry about the future and how I will handle all of this when I should just be thanking God that my little boy is alive and well. I know what it means to take one day at a time and I still have trouble doing it.

Big hugs from my house to all of my amazing friends. Thank you so much for the meals. I'm eating well again and my milk seems to still be there! Yeah! I appear to have lost about 10 pounds but I'm sure I can fix that pretty quickly. (: Thank you especially to the Robertson's for the "diabetic donations" and for Jim delivering little things to help us. Also thanks especially to Mr. Steve Fisher who was mowing our lawn when we woke up this morning! (Tim's tractor broke last week while we were at the hospital... of course.) Steve is one brave soul. It was only like 107 degrees today. He came back to finish late this evening and mowed in the dark!! I didn't know you could do that. I looked out the back window and said... "It's like he's mowing in the great abyss." Tim was so humbled. He really wanted to hop on his tractor and go out and help. BUT... it's in the shop so he just had to sit and receive help. NOT EASY for him. (:

OK, I will shut the computer now and hopefully close my eyes. Good night!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I hope you are asleep now. It is almost 3 a.m. your time. I am continuing to pray for you. Love you friend!

Wendy Kough said...

I am so glad Forest is home and doing well. The picture Tim sent is just precious! He looks so happy to be out of that hospital. We are so sorry you all had to go through such a scary time. I pray that you never go through anything like that again. Sleep well!

Nise(Denise) said...

Christy the updates are so great! It gives me such concrete ways to pray for sweet Forrest. I am praising God that he is laughing and playing today. The blessings of your small group bless by just reading...the body of Christ in action. I will be bringing a meal soon. Love ya girl. I am praying for a peaceful sleep.