Monday, August 18, 2008

Things I would have blogged about

Well, believe it or not, other things have been going on in our house besides Blood sugar checks, insulin shots, pump management, doctors calls and ER visits. ( : There are many things that I would have been blogging about, but, they were put aside for a little while. For instance...

Rachel learned to Water Ski this summer! Just a couple of weeks ago as a matter of fact! She took a few tries getting up but when she made it she was thrilled! Unfortunately, the next day it rained so she didn't get to go again. There is always next year. Parker really wanted to try. I told him he had to be at least 10 (maybe 11). That is how old Rachel is after all. I think I was 12 when I learned.

The first week of school for Rachel and Parker went really well. They are very tired and starving at the end of each day. So far though, I think they will do just fine. So... A great big relief to this home school mommy. I guess we haven't been too shabby in our learning after all. I miss the terribly though. I try not to think about it too much.

Also, today, I was playing on the floor with Forest and over the speakers we had the music playing that Tim had put together to take to the hospital when he was born. There are so many great meaningful songs on that mix. Tim happened to notice that Forest was ACTUALLY born to the song "There's a difference 'tween Livin' and Livin' Well" by George Strait. We love that song. If you ever get the chance... you should listen to it. My eyes were filling with tears just thinking about the moment when he was born. I wouldn't trade this little man for anything. He has helped our family in our pursuit of "living well". This road we are on is windy and full of ups and downs but I am OH SO GLAD we are on it. He is a blessing to our hearts in every way. Then, the next song that plays in the mix is called "Beautiful Scandalous Night" by Deri Daugherty (from The Choir) It says ...

"Go on up to the fountain of mercy, to the crimson perpetual tide, kneel down on the shore, be thirsty no more, go under and be purified. At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree, On that beautiful, scandalous night, you and me, were atoned by His blood and forever washed white on that Beautiful, Scandalous Night." So, I did. Right then, in that moment, I met with my heavenly Father and knelt and let His mercy and grace cover me. It just has to. I can't go on without it. Nothing has stripped me so completely of my ability to "self sustain". I need Him. Desperately. Forest has brought that blessing to my life. He has brought me to the foot of the cross. Right where I need to be...

5 comments:

Dalene said...

Rachel and Parker ar stand-out students at ACS!!! The teachers can't get over how intelligent they are. You're an amazing teacher.

I'm glad you're feeling the presence of Christ today.

Mama C said...

Oh, my dear Christy... at His feet is where we all need to be...

...and as i drop my babies off at college, it sounds like a wonderful place to be...

Hang in there... God is your strenght...

rachel white said...

thought of you (and this post) this morning as i was driven to the feet of Jesus. you know i've had bigger things that have caused me to lean on the Lord. but, today, it was a simple as a temper tantrum in public.

seriously, how do non-Christians raise children??? and, certainly, how to non-Christians face the really difficult stuff...like an 8-month old with diabetes???

brings tears to my eyes as i picture you playing with forest. and agreeing with you that i absolutely could not make it in this life without His sustaining grace!

Jeanette said...

Rosemary is sooooo right! You are truly amazing. I know I'm not suppose to be prideful but I really can't help it. When I look at all my kids and grandkids, I kinda swell up with pride. Mwa

Courtney said...

you are precious. so glad that you know God is with you in the fiery pit...he does not leave you there, nor let you get burned! so glad that you realize that. your faith is tested, you're proving true...