Saturday, August 16, 2008

Whew...

OK, well, after last night's post... here is the latest. I checked his BG level at 10 p.m. and it was still "HI" so the doctor had me check his ketones. Those are the nasty little things that get released when he doesn't have any insulin working in his body AND that sent us to Pediatric ICU for 4 days. Guess what? He registered a 5.4. Just to put that in perspective... they get concerned when it hits "1". So, after almost passing out at the sight of that number, I call the doctor back. Of course, I think they FINALLY believe me now that this pump is NOT WORKING. I repeat, NOT WORKING. So, they have me give him a Lantus injection and a Novolog injection but in the mean time he gets so lethargic and limp that the doctor thought it would be prudent to go ahead and head back in to the ER. So, off we went. They hydrated him and checked all of his labs again. We finally got home at 1:30 a.m. Tim stayed home with Rachel since she was already asleep (at my suggestion) and my parents and sweet friend Laura ran up to be with me. At one point I actually fell asleep with my head hanging back and mouth wide open in a very uncomfortable hospital chair. Yep, I need some rest.

Oh and by the way, I didn't forget about my son Parker. (: He was staying the night at a friend's house....

4 comments:

Courtney said...

so what do they think? will he be able to use the pump? is he stable?

Christy said...

Yes, he is stable. Yes, he will be able to use A pump, but not THIS pump. It is apparently a piece of junk! (:

Courtney said...

well i am glad that he is stable. i hope they find/found you a good pump for him and that he remains stable. love you friend

Anjanette said...

There are no words....

We LOVE you!