Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekends=Soccer games and a Clean House



Well, we are a few soccer games into the season now and having alot of fun. Lots of bundling being done before each game. We hope soon it will be a little warmer on Saturdays. ): It is really fun to watch them both play. Their little personalities come out in the "team" environment. Rachel is very competitive and really gets into the emotion of the game. Lots of celebrating when things go well. Lots of talking with her teammates and planning and giggling. Parker on the other hand is Mr. Stoic. As all the other boys run and TRY to fall down, he is standing still watching with this grin on his face that seems to pity their childish behavior. It's quite funny. I wish he would let his hair down a little but it is nice to not have the "crazy" boy behavior most of the time. (:

We have games back to back most of the time but 2 times this year we will have to be on seperate fields at the same time. Yuck. So far though, it is great fun. Yes, I am officially a "soccer mom". What can I say?

The weekend was also a chance for me to catch up on the house. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time my whole house was clean. YES, even with help once a week. Does that tell you anything??? I think I did 10 loads of laundry and ... I'm still not done. The house isn't perfect, but at least I know the status of every corner of this joint and I'm getting there. It really is therapeutic to have a clean house. Ahhhhhhh.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

glad for you! cute pics...i hope the weather gets warm too

Dalene said...

Soccer Mom...Ha Ha... I think if soccer games were all on beautiful days, at about 10am, I'd be all about pushing my kids back in that direction. I LOVE watching kids play soccer...you're right... their personalities shine through. When Cinderella is over, maybe we can come out for a game. My girl would LOVE to watch your girl. I can totally picture your sweet stoic boy! Cute!

Becky said...

Come to Bakersfield - then you won't have to play soccer in the cold!!! Or at least is won't seem cold to you. I laugh at the people here who think it is cold!!! They just don't know. Someone said that after a couple years, it will feel cold to us also - I wonder if it is true!

I had a clean house a week ago - can't say the same thing tonight, but it is nice to know it was clean no so very long ago! You need to relax on your weekends also!!!

Miss you!

Marci said...

Oh, how I remember our many days of Saturday soccer. It has been nice having our Saturdays off since the girls decided to stop playing.

I kind of miss it a little bit. Maybe I should just come out one Saturday and watch everyone elses kids play so I can get my soccer "fix". LOL :)

Susiewearsthepants said...

I have been doing some spring cleaning myself. There is a special satisfaction you get from a clean house, it lifts the spirits!