Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Resurrection Day


Easter has so much more meaning than it used to for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved it.
I love family time and traditions and Easter was all of that. But, I didn't really understand
the sacrifice and victory that Easter really is for us as Christians. It has taken a long
life road for me to understand it, and even now, I'm sure I do not understand fully. But, I know
that my Savior identifies with every aspect of life, because He lived life, here, on this earth, not exempt from pain or the love that comes with family and friends. God, in the flesh, came to identify with me (US) and at the end of it, to die. That was the whole plan. In a sense, while all of us remain here... on this earth, we live in the eternal "Friday" of the Easter story. Stuck in the pain of a world that is broken and facing death all the time. But celebrating Sunday, Easter, Resurrection Day, reminds us that Jesus DID defeat the grave, and one day we will all be with Him in eternal victory over death! I have no words. Thank you Lord!


On a lighter note, here are some photos from our Family Easter. We just really aren't a serious family, so I thought a "serious" photo just wouldn't work...

Aren't they cute??


Forest with cousin Norah. (right after this, she kissed his head)
It was very cute, but I wanted you to see her cute face.

Sophie... on the hunt for eggs.

Norah finally decided she had had too much fun.

Grandma Reta holding Forest.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Rachel looks more like you all the time! And I can't believe how big Parker looks with his big teeth. Certainly he had them before we left, but I don't remember. They all look so beautiful/handsome! Looks like you had a nice day! At some point I will blog about our day, maybe!

Dalene said...

It really is all about Easter Sunday, isn't it? A reminder of what is to come for us as well! I like your analogy about the eternal "Friday..." something to really think about. It looks like you had a sweet day with your family.