Sunday, March 9, 2008

Scrabble

Every time my family plays scrabble, our nice, normal, fun-loving family harmony is in GRAVE peril. This arises from the fact that we have 2 EXTREMELY competitive people and 2 not even remotely competitive people (who STILL don't enjoy feeling completely incompetent at the game). ADD a little arrogance when someone is doing well and you have a recipe for tears, loud verbage and throwing scrabble tiles.

NO, really. Oh my goodness, I don't think we should EVER play that game again. Why do we keep torturing ourselves?????

7 comments:

Dalene said...

Ha Ha Ha... Goodness. I didn't know that Scrabble was a contact sport! Sounds...FUN?

Becky said...

Funny!!! I always debate about family game time. It can be so great, and so NOT great in our house too!!!

khowze said...

That's funny!

rachel white said...

i made the GRAVE (as you put it) mistake of playing scrabble with tim one time. it was while on a flight...on his treo. let's just say this: i do not know anyone who can play that game better than him. my words would equal 12 points. his would equal 84.

LOL...i think that was the same flight that i mentioned wanting a prada handbag. maybe he got me one because he felt so terrible for ANNIHILATING me! : )

haha : )

Courtney said...

so funny! :) Usually I kill Jeff in that game but he could beat me when I was pregnant :) Jeff and I are ridiculous when we play games...pride, arrogance, super duper competitveness...it is a disaster in the making EVERY time we play anything together. he is getting better at letting me win though :)

Rachel said...

actually mom.

I would say that daddy is WAY worse than I am.

he argued almost the WHOLE game about the words you put down.

Rachel said...

Please, let's not continue this arguing... let us close this chapter and rise above our differences. (:

I love you dear daughter.