Saturday, February 23, 2008

Roman History and a "hair-do"





We have been studying Greece and Rome this year. Of course, we have discussed all kinds of boring details about their form of government etc. However, my 8 yr. old son just keeps taking it back to questions about war and battle. Of course... That's my boy. (: So... when I heard that Charlie Daniels would be speaking on the Romans and ESPECIALLY the Roman "warrior", I knew we had to go. He had the helmet and dagger and sword to show us. Parker just lit up when he realized that he would get to touch them. It was fun. Rachel enjoyed it too. Forest was happily (and cluelessly) snoozing in his stroller.

After the Roman fun... we headed to Tulsa for some memory making with their cousins. I love watching them all play together. Rachel has moved into a more "baby-sitter" like roll with them and Parker is around to stir up excitement. They instinctively think that if he looks at them, he is going to chase them. So, at times, the excitement is too much and it turns from giggles to tears real fast. (: I wish I had it on video. It's hilarious. They do all play well together though. I love visiting with my sister in law too. She is so creative and fun. She's always able to laugh about even the hard things. I'm so lucky to have a great family. Anyway, as you can see in the picture, Rachel was doing hair. They even let her put on their make-up. Then afterwards daddy called (my brother Joe) and Jossie (the 2year old sitting in the floor) grabbed the phone and held it out and said "Daddy, don't I look 'boo-tiful'??"
(: Ohh, classic. It was adorable. I love them dearly. Hope you all have a good weekend.

4 comments:

Dalene said...

Charlie came and talked to the kids at ACS, too. They loved it. That stuff can be pretty interesting! I'm jealous that you have cousins so close...what a blessing for you all! Thanks for talking Metaphysics with me today! tee hee.

Jeanette said...

Okay, I finally got time to sit down at my computer and read your new blog! How exciting! I had to finish reading the HELD blog first and I must say....it wasn't easy. It is a beautiful story. That may sound wierd but the truth about all the emotions and the struggles and the inevitable (?) drawing closer to God through it all, is beautiful.

At any rate, I was so glad to see the pictures of all the kids. It does my heart good to see all of them together and enjoying each other. They do adore Rachel and Parker!

Chandler Summers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chandler Summers said...

good job rachel!!!

Please call me reall really soon.
it has been FOREVER!!!!!
Miss ya tons!

Chandler

ps.
rach you look like you are 13!!