Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bear Patch



Tonight, Parker was awarded his Bear Patch for Cub Scouts. It has been a crazy year for everyone in our den. (and that is an understatement I promise) It really is amazing that any of us were able to be there and that we actually managed to get them to their patches. ((sigh)) I'm so glad we went to Day Camp this summer. Turns out we got almost all of our achievements done then. I can't say enough about scouting. Parker just LOVES it. We have been to camp outs, done Rain-gutter Regattas, Pine Wood Derbies, soap carving with knives, flag ceremonies... on and on. So many memories in 2 short years already. I am so proud of him! Each February, they have the Blue and Gold Banquet and the boys get to be awarded in front of a ton of people. Friends and family and all the cub scouts of Pack 32. We got to watch the Webelos graduate to "Arrows of Light". On they go to Boy Scouts now! It was a moving ceremony. (although- sorta new age-ish) Everyone is so light hearted and full of support for these boys. In the middle of it all, there are many small kids running around under our feet. I just love it. Yes, it is all on a shoe string and not very fancy...but that makes it even better. OK, sorry about the commercial. It was a fun night.

and yes, I know... can we say haircut? (: I'm gettin' there.

3 comments:

Dalene said...

The Boy Scouts are pretty much amazing. I'm glad that he's involved. What? He needs a haircut? I did NOT notice that (cough). Ha ha... I'm so used to seeing the short cuts at ACS... but I miss my little Mr. Man's longer hair! I would be running my fingers through that boys hair all day long! I love it!

Courtney said...

cool!

rachel white said...

he's so grown up! when did he grow up??!!