Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Photos from my relaxing day...

Forest and I swam together for a little while. He never seems to want to look at the camera. That annoying little red coupe floatie was following me around everywhere. I think he really wanted that cute baby to ride in him!

Courtney was enjoying the hammock. So much so in fact, I don't think she knows I took this picture. ( : Notice the hot tub in the background. It was very warm so I did not get in. But Kipplyn and Courtney enjoyed it.

Kip holding Forest. Don't show Lily, she'll be jealous. ( :


Paradise... Thanks to the Shankle's we got to relax in their paradise for a day. What a blessing.

My good friends Courtney and Kipplyn.
It may have been only a day, (OK, and 2 nights) but, it was well worth the drive. The drive home was another story but I'll save that for the end. I really enjoyed getting to know Courtney better. We got to talk for 2 hours there and back. ( I enjoyed it, I hope she did.) We got there and headed straight for Shoguns. When I told Courtney on the way that they had a new one in Fayetteville, I thought she was going to cry. Little did I know that it was her favorite restaurant! So, we made a plan to go. It was interesting with Lily and Forest. They did pretty well considering we had to wait almost half an hour before our chef showed up. I nursed him in the restroom. I'm getting good at balancing on the side of a public potty and nursing. Not my favorite, but it works. We ate WAY too much food and then headed home. We stayed up until 11 just talking away. It was nice. Then the next day, believe it or not... Forest slept until 8 a.m. He's never done that before or since but it was very nice of him to do it on the day when I could stay in bed too! We relaxed and ate breakfast and talked, and talked. We did swim a little, as you saw in the pictures. Then, I made Tim's amazing salsa. Well, really, we all made it since Forest was freaked out by the noise that the chopper made and kept crying. So, I had to have help. It was very yummy. Later, we made dinner. Mahi-Mahi, sweet potatoes, and salad with Courtney's home made dressing... YUM! It was an impressive meal I must say. Once the babies were asleep, we headed up to the theatre room and watched "High School Musical" on the big screen while eating cookies and chips and salsa. WOW. Heaven. Just reliving it makes me feel relaxed and happy. That's good, since, Saturday morning was the beginning of the "real world". It was "rush rush" so that I could get back in town for Rachel's ballet performance on pointe. Also, Courtney had to get back for Jackson's birthday party. So, we climbed in the van already running late and Forest began to cry almost immediately. He has never really done that so I really thought he would stop once we got going... but,(ahem)... no. So, after a while, I pulled over on a little country road and nursed him. There, that should do it. (cough) no. So... I let Courtney drive and I jumped in the back to hold his hand and comfort him.(she needed mini-van driving experience anyway.)That seemed to do the trick. He slept for about 45 minutes,then cried again for the whole rest of the ride. Isn't that nice? What a peaceful weekend. Also, it poured rain for a good deal of the drive. Fun. Then, to top it off, we stopped for gas because it takes alot of gas to get from Fayetteville to Bartlesville and back. Courtney was nice enough to pump for me so I could stay with Forest. (nickname: Fussy pants) Apparently, the machine didn't take our card, but we thought it did. Is it supposed to let you pump gas if it doesn't accept your credit card??? Anyway, the gas station attendant came chasing after us as we were driving away. "HEY! IT DIDN'T TAKE YOUR CARD!!!" Oh, oops. Sorry. ( : So, I had to run in (in the rain) and pay. That would have topped the day off to have the police pull us over for stealing gas. You have to just laugh. So we did. We finally made it home. whew! Thanks for being a good sport Courtney and not stressing too bad over running so late. It was a great weekend.


5 comments:

Kipplyn said...

Great pics! I need to get some from you! It was a great time! Thanks for going with me!

Marci said...

Wishing I were there!

rachel white said...

so sorry your lovely "weekend" had to end with such drama!

wish i could have been there with you all! : )

Courtney said...

so glad to have gotten that time. thanks for documenting it with words and pics! and yes, i had no idea you took that lovely pic of me...:) and yes, shogun is my very favorite restaurant, but i am still thinking tulsa's is the best! (my personal opinion and it works out well that way since it is close :))

i had a blast...truly...wish we could do it again...

Dalene said...

too fun!