Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ballet

I just realized that long ago I said I would be posting about Rachel's ballet workshop and their performance. But, I haven't. The reason is, we have a great video of it, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it onto my blog. My husband could probably help me do this, but he has no time. (He did yesterday but I didn't want to ask him on his birthday.) So, hopefully, sometime, I will get it on here for you to watch. It really is impressive. Even the parts without my daughter in them. ( :
She did lovely for her first time en pointe. Watching ballet that close up was very impressive. You could see the incredible exertion of energy. The controlled breathing, the beads of sweat. Wow. It truly is HARD. Very interesting. If my daughter isn't in it, usually it is like watching paint dry to me, but I am developing a new appreciation for the sport of it. Not quite as exciting as gymnastics, but still...

I'll try to at least get some photos of her in her new pointe shoes for ya...

1 comments:

Dalene said...

She's SO Cute in her shoes!