Sunday, July 20, 2008

Catching up...

Here are some photos from our vacation and road trip to the East Coast.
It truly was one of the greatest trips we have taken.
Tim with the kids in downtown Boston. I love this picture. Doesn't he look SO handsome?

The kids and I resting at a table in one of the little huts at Plymouth. Man, it was hot! Or, maybe I was just really pregnant...

This was John Adams house. The one he built next to the one he was born in. It's so funny, because if you read the book, it was way out in the country. But, now it is in the middle of town. Not far from there is Peacefield... where he and Abigail retired. We went there too.
This was the little beach across the road from the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at on Cape Cod. It was really amazing. Very friendly, well appointed, excellent yard for the kids to explore and very private from the road so we felt like we were tucked away and the kids were safe. It is not "for kids" really though. There are no children under 10 allowed. We just convinced them that Parker was exceptional for an 8 year old. They agreed.

This was on the Nina, Pinta or the Santa Maria. Can't remember which one.


This was a cozy little restaurant at one of the hotels we stayed at. It was right on the James River. Very cool. I had never seen a river so big that I couldn't see the other side. (I know, just call me an Okie.) I HAVE seen the ocean though. 2 of them in fact. (:


This is me with the kids at Monticello in front of the vineyard. Notice Forest was on this vacation too.

Who is that little gentleman carrying his mothers ton of a purse? This was downtown Boston. Tim's old stomping grounds. We loved it!

0 comments: