Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I haven't read anyone else's posts today. I'm sure they're all great stories of how wonderful your days were. Mine was a little more mundane. Yet, very Cook-like and I love that.

We stayed home from church today because the littlest guy seems to have an ear infection. I guess. It's not officially diagnosed but that's my mommy diagnosis. Poor guy. Anyway, I didn't want to take a fussy baby to church and Tim still had alot to do with the pool so we opted out for today.

About mid-morning my mother called to give me the update on where they were spending their day. Before she hung up I said, "Happy Mother's Day." As I hung up the phone my DH looked at me and said,"uh, Mother's Day?? is it Mother's Day?" I smiled and shook my head. I already knew he had forgotten. Before, it might have bothered me, but today I just stared at my little guy and sweet dear-darlings (older kids) and found plenty of contentment there.

So, later, Tim headed to Lowe's (and on an undercover mission for a Mother's Day card) and I jumped in the shower while the kids were outside jumping on the trampoline. When I got out of the shower, there was a little card laying outside of the bathroom door. Aww, they "remembered." ( : The whole family signed it. My dear daughter said, "I love you mommy, thanks for not wanting to get rid of me, and please don't ever lock us outside again like a dog." What????

Apparently, I had absentmindedly locked the back door when I headed to the shower. Poor children, they had been locked out for 15-20 minutes until daddy got home to rescue them. So, I said, "Well, that's what happens to kids that forget Mother's Day!" (hee-hee)

5 comments:

Wendy Kough said...

Locked outside like a dog, huh? Maybe I'll keep that in mind for next year! :) My sweet husband wanted to take me to a restaurant that he knew I'd love. The only problem, nothing on the menu suited Ryan and McKinley. When I said no he pestered me. Now why would I want to celebrate Mother's Day with whine? We ate at a family restaurant instead and had a lovely day in my favorite room in the house -- the pool!

Dalene said...

That's a funny story!!! SEE!!! YOU ARE funny.

But locking the kids outside "like dogs?" I think I know who the comedian in your house is.

Looking forward to hearing more of her giggles next year.

rachel white said...

oh, christy. i simply had to laugh at tim's "uh, it's mother's day?"

jer "made" me breakfast in bed. ...from mcdonald's.

oh, how special i felt.

: )

khowze said...

Very funny!! Sounds like a perfect day, though!

Marci said...

Was it truly an accident??? I do those things on purpose!! (only for short times- - -LOL)

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!