Saturday, May 3, 2008

Blessings...


As I sit at the computer this morning, (T.G.I.S.) I am thankful for little things. I have such a tendency to not be. I can go quickly to the questioning, contemplating dark soul...why, I have no idea? God made me this way for some reason. I've tried to put some good use to it. Not always successfully. But, today, I'm thankful that the sun is out. I'm thankful for my hot tea. I'm thankful for a sleeping baby. (In SO many ways.) I'm thankful for a sweet 8 year old boy who loves his mommy. I'm thankful for a beautiful 11 year old girl who wanted to call me and tell me all about the meeting... before it started.  (: I loved her call. She was very articulate. (Funny how absence makes a heart grow fonder and makes you more aware of the good things.) She was describing the scene for me. Thousands of people. 4 beach balls being tossed around the crowd. "and mom, the adults love it... I think." (: How they stood in a line a mile long. It was 40 degrees. The girl in front of her had on flip flops. She said, " I think she was regretting not wearing socks and shoes." (hee-hee) Right about there, my story telling abilities would have been more like, "Good grief her toes are going to turn blue and fall off." "It's freezing out here!" What's life without some exaggaration right? No, actually, understatement is what it's all about. It's so powerful. Funny how I'm just learning that. Poor pathetic mommy. (:
And, yes, Dalene, I know you would probably be more than happy in flip flops. So, I just have to give you credit for being much tougher than me. BUT, I digress, that's really not my point. It's the conversational abilities of an 11 year old. I love it. I love to learn from her. My mom used to say that and I thought she was humoring me. But,now, I believe her. We really can learn so much from these little people. 
Finally, I'm thankful for a husband who loves his family and adores his daughter. Ladies, never be jealous of a husband that dotes on your girls. Encourage and embrace it. This will boost their esteem higher than the stars. I'm so glad he knows the importance of spending time with her. It is priceless to me...

2 comments:

rachel white said...

enjoy the time with your boys! : )

hopefully rachel and tim won't get into any scrabble tournaments while they're gone! : ) they may not come back in one piece!

Dalene said...

Forty degrees is the perfect weather for flip-flops, naturally.

I love the pic of Tim and his cutie-pie...