Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Birthday Fun

November is a crazy month at the Cook house. Hence the lack of Blog posts etc. In fact, most people I know probably think I have just fallen off of the planet. But, Alas, I have not!! ( :
I am alive and well and still kicking over here. We celebrated Rachel's 12th birthday and Forest's 1st birthday this month and we also celebrated a whopping 16 years of marriage. WOW. Then, right after all of that, we had Thanksgiving. Whew. Lots of fun but lots of work. Here are a few pictures just for fun. Indulge me...

I made these cookies for Rachel's class and their "fall party". It was a potluck thing. Lots of great food! Anyway... I thought the cookies turned out pretty nice. The leaves were way more work than they're worth. So... I took a picture.
Rachel eating her "donut cake". This is her request every year. She loves donuts way more than "cake". Jim Gaffigan would never understand.
Here are the 2 birthday buddies. Don't they look cute?
Forest and his first birthday cake. Sadly he didn't eat any of it because that particular day was a HORRIBLE blood sugar day. I mean just AWFUL. I couldn't do that to him or me. It was very sad for me.

He did get to open presents though. Look how much he has changed! He is already growing up. I can't stand it!!

4 comments:

denise said...

I am so glad to hear about your sweet family! What aa fun month. I need your cookie and frosting recipe.

teamguido said...

Sweet pictures and update -- I am so sad that he didn't get to have some cake... but we are praying that one day he will be able to have his b-day cake and you will not have to worry about his sugar levels... God you are able... Rachel looks so grown up already... we LOVE you Cook Family!!!
love the G's

Aubrey said...

Wow there is lots going on in Nov. at your house. Happy Birthday Rachel & Forest. Can't believe Rachel is already 12 yrs. old and that Forest is 1 already too. You did an AWESOME job on the cookies! Love them.

Anonymous said...

that first year goes by so fast, doesn't it? i can't believe our samuel is already 4 months--crazy! happy to read your update and know you're still alive and kicking :)