Monday, October 20, 2008

Here's to the Future...


Does this look like a child that can be stopped by any obstacle you put in his path??? No way! He is definitely determined. ( : AND, I have a feeling I will be so glad that he has that quality for many years to come. Thankfully, I don't believe that Diabetes will slow him down one single little bit. Because, apparently, we are going to be dealing with it until there is a cure. No, he does not have MODY. (The monogenetic form of Diabetes that we were all praying and hoping for). I found out a few weeks ago and I haven't had the stomach to blog about it. I also found out on the same day that my sweet little neice was diagnosed with Diabetes, so, I had lots of other things on my mind.

Thank you for praying. I am sure that yours (as were mine) were earnest prayers on our behalf. I am learning to take the answers God gives us and not argue. (Something I am constantly telling my children to do). So... Future... here we come! Diabetes and ALL!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love you friend! You are not traveling alone...and I don't mean that tongue in cheek. I am here for you and Anjanette as I know you are there for me as well. I love the pictures of Forest. He is beautiful and happy. Sometimes there is just to much to digest isn't there...

Dalene said...

I agree... he isn't going to be stopped at all. In all honesty, he's just one of the most precious babies I've ever laid my eyes upon!!!

I hope that there are many advances in medicine that make the road much easier for your family, Laura's, your niece's, and my niece Mary's. Go Cure!!

rachel white said...

that little boy of yours is ADORABLE!!! i mean, really, he is so cute! and, as always, you have an amazing outlook on life. who knows...maybe forest will be the one to find the cure for diabetes! now wouldn't that be cool?!

and, i know, i've been an absentee blogger. sorry! : )

Courtney said...

He is amazingly beautiful and so full of life...I am so sorry to hear that about the diagnosis with your neice and that he doesn't have the kind for the pill. I was curious if you had found out or not. But I get why you didn't post about it till now. You encourage me and challenge me in so many ways as you walk this rocky journey of life. Thanks for doing it with Faith and Hope in the One who has all the answers when we don't! You are awesome.

Jeanette said...

Yeah, he's a cutie! (no prejudice here). And yes, I'm finding out that there isn't much that will stop him. Even when he's not feeling his best!! My goodness, can you imagine when he starts walking!!