Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Too Long...


It has been far too long since I have posted. A lifetime has transpired in one short month. Literally. When I have the energy, I will write about it. In the mean time, I was just putting the sweet little baby boy down for a nap.

Snuggling him in my arms, kissing that cute little place between the nose and forehead, and smiling so happily at him. Then, I started thinking.

I never smiled this easily and readily at Rachel and Parker when they were babies. How sad. I was always so stressed. Stressed to get me time. Stressed to produce perfect children, Stressed just to be stressed. The ironic thing is, I have infinitely more weighty concerns NOW in my life, than I did then. Goodness, If only I had known. The hard things in life just strip all that pretense away and guess what is left? Just simple, happy, can't control the world or life, but trusting in God..me.

I like it.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Isn't that trust in God so freeing? I hope you are doing better than in the past month. Sorry its been rough, whatever it is. I miss you!

Marci said...

I can feel your calmness and peace in the moment of you kissing sweet Forest. How simple, but how meaningful.

Miss you!

Dalene said...

Why is it so hard to find that balance between stressing out over our children and just loving them?

Like you, I'm sure that my Little Mr. Man is not a "better" boy than Big Bub, but he hasn't gotten NEARLY as much discipline!

For me, this seems to be a final understanding on my part that God is truly in control.

What a lovely lovely post! Kiss him for me!

denise said...

Thanks for sharing. My blog has changed to wallfamily4@blogspot.com, please check it out.

Jeanette said...

Why is it we can't wake up that way every morning. Instead, it's something we always have to work at and keep reminding ourselves of. It should be so simple but we don't let it. I guess it's just glimpses of what heaven will be like!!!!